Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mount KilimanDalia

39 days and 39 blogs ago, I set out on a journey to compose a blog a day. Well today is day 40 and I reached the mountaintop. 

There were some delays on writing, but I double-timed my pace to get back on track. I sometimes had to travel during very early or super late nights, but I made it. 

Any time you take on a challenge, you learn new things about yourself, see recurring patterns and/or find areas of improvement. Over the last 40 days, I found that my recurring goal for each day, as seen in many blogs, is inner peace and self-acceptance. Being cool with who I am, where I am, what I'm doing makes a big difference in the world around me. 

I realized that writing isn't as difficult as I made myself believe. I have LOTS of thoughts, ideas, opinions, views, advice floating around in this brain of mine. It's quite easy for me to compose and share them with others, even the tough topics. To my knowledge I haven't offended anyone or damaged any of my relationships beyond repair. I've not gotten any anonymous posts or irate texts. 

Maybe I didn't dig deep enough into my hidden thoughts and express anything major. Or maybe I didn't give people enough credit to be able to handle my truths. Or, more than likely, I gave myself TOO much credit that I would voice something that hasn't already been thought. 

I'll keep blogging so that I don't forget how much I enjoy writing. Maybe all of these posts, along with my many journals at home, will find their way into an organized format that be published and foot the bill for my college education!

Until next time, be well and do well. Thank you for supporting me on this journey!

No comments: