Friday, March 20, 2015

Saucy Saucy

I love going to restaurants with condiment bars, like Rubio's. I load up on small containers of them to take home. This week I took two limes, but it turns out they really are just for decoration. 

I use the salsas as toppings or dipping sauces. But I found that they are EXCELLENT when I make beans. They add so much flavor and I don't even have to bother cutting up any ingredients (Rubio's has chopped cilantro and onion on the bar). 

Places with different dipping sauces are also favorites. I am especially happy when they have super spicy varieties. We have a wing place here (Native Grill) that lets you get unlimited sauces and they have about 20 flavors. I use the barbecue sauces to turn my regular beans into BBQ baked beans when I need to spruce up leftovers. 

There are always random sauce containers in the fridge. Why buy sauces when I can hoard them?!?

No comments: