Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Legalized Pot

Recently, after a trip to urgent care for congestion, I was told that I had allergies. At first I was shocked since I am pretty old (38) to be getting allergies. Then I remembered that about 7 years ago another doc told me I had allergies and the cough was from post nasal trip. 

Both times, the diagnosis of allergies came a year or two after I'd moved to a new city. Each time, I was prescribed sinus sprays, most recently Flonase. 

I don't like taking medicines because they're SO full of toxins. But, I used the sprays as I researched natural cures. I found out about neti pots with my first diagnosis. I'd completely forgotten that I'd once before cured myself of allergies after being diagnosed in 2008-2009. 

So, here I am, once again suffering through a condition that I'd already conquered. Two weeks after the second diagnosis I've finally gotten a new pot. And I COMPLETELY forgot about the strangeness of it. 

If you've never heard of a neti pot (and don't like to use your internet search engine), it's a container shaped like a small teapot. You fill it with filtered water and salt (I use the salt packets that come with the pot) so that the pH is neutral (240 ml of water to one packet of salt for me). Then you insert the spout into one nostril, tilt your head and pour the water so that it comes out the other nostril and drown yourself (at least that how it feels for me the first time). The water brings with it all the gunk that's clogging your nasal passages...side note, I'm having déjà vu at this very moment!!!

Anyway, although it's a strange sensation, it really works. It's safe for ages 4 and older. There are many videos online that show the process on adults and kids. Maybe I'll tape Deuce tomorrow when he tries it for the first time. 

PS I am all for the decriminalization of the real pot. 

No comments: