Monday, March 02, 2015

The Fabulous Fabulous

If I tried to list all the blessings in my life I'd run out of unlimited, weekend AND mobile-to-mobile minutes. My life is not free of complaint-worthy things. I just choose not to worry about them...for too long, anyway. 

I have an absolutely FABULOUS Husband. We don't always see eye to eye. Sometimes it feels like we're not only on different pages, but in different books. But in the end and through it all, we have each other's backs (fronts and sides).  We have common goals for our relationship and family. We are each other's very best friend and confidante. We fall sleep and wake up touching some part of the other. We wake up with a kiss, leave the house with a kiss, leave the table in a restaurant to go to the bathroom with a kiss and a returning kiss awaits after each separation. We are each other's "person," a la Grey's Anatomy. 

Our son is a fabulous son. Of course he's not the robot we would like him to be, keeping his room clean, his shoes tied, his grades at straight A's, etc. But he is a learning source, allowing us to learn more about ourselves as we interact with him and keeping our education refreshed as we help him with his studies. He keeps us on the go, giving me a much needed reason to get out the house (and to the gym for steam showers!). He gives us hope that he will be a greater person and reach higher heights than either of us. He is the vessel through which we teach what we preach and put our ideals to the test. 

My contact list is fabulous. Even though I mostly interact socially with people in public forums, like Facebook, I know that if I reach out privately to just about any of them for something simple or complex, they'd be front and center. I know that if I needed a place to lay my head or a bite to eat, someone would make themselves available. 

My hair is fabulous. I can wear it in a plethora of ways and look good (I guess that makes my face fabulous, too). I've had it cut super low (and according to an aunt, looked like a bulldagger), short Halle Berry style, long and straight representing the "Indiannnnn in my fammmm-ly" and wild and kinky for our native Africa. I'm happy to have it in my life. 

My personality is pretty fabulous. I'm quirky, defensive, offensive, sensitive, hard, soft, annoying, know-it-ally, funny, sarcastic, uplifting, creative, exciting, curious, understanding, misunderstood, close-minded, open-minded, seeking, sharing, shy, innocent, private, open, quiet, talkative, introspective, demanding, advisory, teacher, student, generous, frugal....at one time or another. Even with all these multiple-personalities, people aren't repulsed by me. I think I'm (genuinely) liked by at least 61% of everyone who meets me. The other 39% will be eventually won over. 

My secret performer game is fabulous. I sing better in the shower than Whitney Houston in her prime, I'm a better actor than Denzel, better comic than Richard Pryor, better chair dancer than Rhythm Nation Janet Jackson. I author more mental books than James Patterson and my flow is way nicer than Jay-Z. I'm a sextuple threat!

I could go on and on about all the fabulosity Life has bestowed upon me, but I've run out of anytime minutes for the moment. I'll say that the reason I can even recognize all these thigs as fabulous is because I know that my outlook on life is what determines whether things are hot or not. My life is HAWT! I'll re-read this when I forget how truly fortunate I am. 

No comments: