Sunday, February 22, 2015

Yooouuuuuu Are Getting Sleeepppyyy

I've been intrigued by hypnotism for as long as I can remember. I wondered if I could be put under and if someone really make a person bark like a dog. 

I've seen coupons for hypnosis but never bought them because I didn't want to tell people that I was getting hypnotherapy. But, one day I bought three sessions. And then after using those up, I got three more. 

Hypnotherapy is more like a deep relaxation session with affirmations. I have the best sleep in that chair. Before we begin, we talk about what the ssssion should focus on. My session last week was actually about seeing if I had any blockages preventing me from writing or if I was hiding any fears. 

She then finds a script that meets my needs. The one she used last week was "Path to Freedom."

She starts off talking about liquid relaxation flowing through my body and then does a countdown from 5 with each lower number taking me into a deeper relaxation...she never swings a pendant and says, "Youuuuu are getting sleepppyyy," like they do in the movies.  By the time she gets to 1, I'm usually asleep (or deeply relaxed) and don't remember things until she's counting up to 5 to bring me back to awareness. 

On my last session, I set the tape recorder to try to get a sense of what happens. But doggone it if I didn't go to sleep while replaying the session!

I didn't uncover any fears during the session that I could remember. But, I had a pretty violent dream that night. 

A man was trying to choke me to death and I was fighting back. I gave a primal scream and then fought back even harder. At some point, in real life, my Husband grabbed my arm and I started scratching him. I woke up breathing hard and panicked. 

Thankfully, I wasn't fignting back as hard as I thought...or he was in a deep sleep...because he didn't remember it happening when I brought it up the next afternoon. I still don't know how that dream relates to my reluctance to write. 

I have one final session with Debbie (unless she posts another Living Social coupon). Maybe she can let me know if the dream was connected to our session. 

Have you or would you visit a hypnotherapist? I think it's made me calmer and more centered. 

No comments: