Wednesday, February 18, 2015

40 Days of Me

Today is the beginning of Lent, where many of my friends on social media are giving up bad habits, such as makeup, Instagram, cursing, fried foods and liquor. Since I don't practice Lent (and like cursing and liquor), I got the notion to pick up a new habit. For 40 days, beginning today, I pledge to myself to blog a new entry. 

I recently wrote the Universe a letter on Facebook outlining my perfect day. It included working when I want, spending time with my family and practicing yoga. As soon as I posted the letter, my Spirit whispered, "Then write."

I've been practicing listening to my inner self, so hearing my Spirit and following my intuition have been becoming easier. When I heard that whisper, I laughed. 

My Husband tells me I should write. My Facebook friends tell me to write. My hypnotherapist tells me to write. I write for my job. I write for my mystery shopping gigs. 

All these signs, signals and people are pointing me to my Path. What do I do? Procrastinate. There's an archaic saying, "Use it or lose it," so for the next 40 days, that's what I'm going to do. Who knows, this may be the beginning of my retirement plan. 

Let's roll!

No comments: