Tuesday, February 24, 2015

She Will Neither Hunger Nor Thirst

"Is the glass half empty or half full?" That is the question. At one point of my life, I was certainly a half empty kind of girl. I lived a life of lack and want. It felt like I should have more, be doing more, more, more, more. 

Somewhere along the line, with practice, I became thisssss close to being half full. One of my friends calls me a cynic, so you can probably conclude how hard it is to get the half full concept for me. I'm a Virgo. Perhaps that explains it. Even though the glass was half full, it sometimes felt too good to be true and that misfortune would once again knock on my door.  

Now I'm an "I don't care if it's half full or half empty, I'm thirsty and am going to drink it" kind of person. I try to remember that I am enough, have enough, know enough, enough, enough, enough to sate my thirst. I'm quenched in the desert, mountain, snowstorm or rain...when I remember that enough is enough and it's all I need. 

No comments: