Thursday, July 02, 2009

All of Me is Created Equal

I have dimples in my cheeks and chin. I inherited them from my father and I love them dearly. I have dimples in other places, too. I inherited them from ice cream. Those I was not feeling so much.

I wonder what made dimples in one place superior to those in other locations. More importantly, why do I frown upon any part of my body when God created me as a faultless specimen?

I have stretch marks, which I cannot attribute to Deuce residing in my belly. So what? My thighs have always, and will always rub together. Who cares? My stomach will always be pudgy, my pinky toes will always have corns, my left eye will always be a little lazy (or is it the right one?), my calves will always be skinny, my elbows will always be dark, the circles under my eyes will never be lightened and my tig ole bitties shall rise to salute the sun nevermore.

That's just my reality. I accept these things and will not consider them flaws. I will acknowledge them for what they are: my perfection as seen through God’s eyes. Who am I to say that the creation formed of God’s divine hands is less than a masterpiece? Who are you?

2 comments:

CC3 said...

beautiful

JaMarlon said...

Not bad at all Mrs. D., Not bad at all!!