Saturday, August 29, 2009

You Take the Good You Take the Bad

Today is the prequel to what was supposed to be my big day, one which I've looked forward to and dreaded for over 8 weeks. Tomorrow was my bellydance debut at recital, but I'm not gonna make it.

I came to Vegas for work and deliberately chose a redeye departure that would return me to my orgination well before the dress rehearsal scheduled this afternoon. Well, that flight didn't work out so well. It was cancelled at the last minute and the earliest flight gets me in just as the mandatory recital dress rehearsal begins.

Sigh. I'm sad about missing the recital. I'm glad I didn't ride a plane with mechanical problems. I'm irritated that I wasted some money on a bellydance session and didn't reap the fruits of my labor.

Just as one part of the ordeal upsets me, I think of something small that makes it better, like not having to wait too long in line to have my flight rebooked and hotel assigned. I guess life is all about ups and downs, give and take, this and that. So today I look for to balancing my yin with my yang and not over-focusing on either of them.

No comments: